Japan is known for its cultural richness and heritage. The natural landscape, the beautiful cherry blossoms and the distinct cuisine are hardly missed. Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka and Hakone are among the most popular destinations in Japan. While Japan’s rich culture and heritage is at its heart, it also offers many exclusive attractions and activities that can make a trip unforgettable. The island nation surely has some unique places you can visit while planning a trip to Japan.
- Nishinomaru Garden: This beautiful garden is loaded with beautiful cherry blossoms during the blooming season. Located next to Osaka Castle, this garden soothes you with different varieties of flowers and a scenic view to enjoy.
- Atomic Bomb Dome: Japan faced the devastating bombing of Hiroshima in 1945. The dome was just below the bomb, but interestingly it survived the blast. He is almost in the same state as he was just after the bombardment. The dome, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is frequently visited by tourists.
- Pokémon Mega Center: This is the place for all Pokemon fanatics. Considered one of the biggest Pokemon stores, it has merchandise, toys, and other Pokemon goodies that a fan would want to have. The store is located on the 2nd floor of Sunshine City in Ikebukuro (Tokyo).
- TeamLab without borders: TeamLab Borderless is a collection of artworks that create a world without borders. The art comes out of the rooms, interacts with the already existing works, and even intertwines with each other without borders. Visitors can witness futuristic and innovative installations that constitute a unique experience.
- Samurai Museum: The museum organizes sessions that will allow you to experience the era of the samurai. It hosts programs such as sword performance, live samurai music shows, samurai calligraphy lessons, Japanese sword lectures, and photo shoots with the appropriate samurai attire.
- Disney Sea Park: This is a unique Disney resort attraction as the marine park concept is not available everywhere. With fun rides and Disney movie-themed attractions like Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid, it’s definitely worth a visit.
- Sapporo Beer Museum: Opened in 1987, the museum introduces visitors to the history of beer. It also showcases beer making and one can enjoy the beer tasting option for a small fee. It turns out to be a unique experience for international visitors.
- Shiroi Koibito Park: Located in Sapporo, Hokkaido, this gorgeous place is a chocolate amusement park. The place organizes several bakery/confectionery related activities for the enjoyment of tourists. One can visit the chocolate factory and the railway site, among other attractions.